If you’re looking for a delicious Indian-style snack, look no further than the Maharashtrian Chivda recipe! This delightful treat is quick and easy to make, with just a few simple steps that anyone can follow. This will surely be a hit in your household with an irresistible crunch and tasty flavors of ginger, chili powder, and curry leaves.
Gather Your Ingredients For Chivda Recipe.
To make this tasty treat, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of Chivda (thickly sliced rice nuggets),
- 1 tsp chili powder,
- ½ tsp ginger paste,
- 1 tsp oil,
- 1 tsp mustard seeds,
- 2-3 dried red chilli peppers,
- 6-7 curry leaves,
- Four tablespoons peanuts (optional) and a pinch of asafoetida.
Once you have all your ingredients together for Chivda Recipe, you’re ready to start!
Toasting the Rice and Lentils for Chivda Recipe.
Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large wok or pan. Add the Chivda and peanut mixture to the pan when the oil is hot. Fry until golden brown and fragrant. Once the rice and lentils are toasted, remove them from the pan and set aside. You can now use this Chivda to make your Maharashtrian Chivda snack!
Roast the Peanuts and Cashews for Chivda.
To roast the peanuts and cashews for your Chivda:
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a pan over low heat.
- Add the peanuts and cashews to the pan and stir frequently.
- Roast until lightly golden brown.
The roasting adds a delicious flavour to your Chivda. Remove from heat and set aside once done.
Chivda Recipe is a traditional Maharashtrian snack recipe with poha (flattened rice), peanuts, and cashews. It only takes a little time to assemble this delicious snack, but the main focus of preparation should be roasting the ingredients. To bring out the best flavour in the Chivda, you must burn the peanuts and cashews until golden brown. This will add a toasty flavor which makes your Chivda even more delicious!
Cooking the Rice and Lentils Mixture for Chivda.
- For the Chivda recipe, start by cooking the rice and lentil mixture.
- Place four teaspoons of oil into a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the spilt red lentils, long-grain rice, and salt to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Once done, add two and a half cups of water and stir to combine everything.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed into the lentils and rice.
- Stir occasionally throughout this period. Once finished, turn off the heat and set aside to cool down before using it in your Chivda recipe.
Put Together the Finished Product & it’s become Maharashtrian Chivda!
- Once the rice and lentils mixture has finished cooking, it’s time to assemble your Chivda.
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the cooled rice and lentils mixture along with curry leaves, ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds, 1/8 teaspoon of asafoetida powder, one pinch of turmeric powder, and two tablespoons of roasted peanut powder. Mix everything until completely combined.
- Now your Chivda is ready to be served!
To Buy your favourite Maharashtrian Chivda from Foodopiya, Click Here.